Alright, first of all; in Norway we call this potato tortilla «lompe». It’s a Norwegian «thing» and we love it so much! Neither Denmark nor Sweden have quite the same. If you go to any gas station and want a hot-dog, you’ll be asked wether you want it with bread or in a «lompe». Lompe is the real thing.
Lomper is a versatile «tool» when making food. Because of it’s neutral taste it can be used both as pizza crust AND for dessert with sugar and jam. Lomper can even be used to make taco-shells! It’s perfect as a quick snack after working out (high-carb) or for lunch with philadelphia, lettuce leaves, cucumber and tomato. Usually we have butter & brown cheese on or butter & sugar. Anyway, use your imagination and let your refrigerator be your only limit. Give this lompe a try!
5-7 potatoes – 3,5 dl oatmeal flour – a pinch of salt
1. Peel the potatoes and boil them tender. Mash them and add a pinch of salt and just a splash with milk.
2. Add the oatmeal flour (make your own oatmeal flour by using a hand mixer on the whole oatmeal and mix until fine)
3. Mix together until you have a quite firm dough. Then part them into small portions.
4. Use a rolling pin and roll them flat. I used a bowl to make them perfectly round-shaped.
5. Cook the tortillas until light brown. Do not use any butter or oil. You want them «dry».
6. Choose some topping and enjoy your fresh lomper!
Enjoy your weekend guys,