Good afternoon you all & happy Friday!
It’s past 5 O’clock and the very first evening of the weekend deserves a little extra treat, don’t you think? I’m usually a fan of pizza or taco on fridays but today I wanted to try something new…and mushroom-burger it was! This fancy looking burger is super easy to make and tastes like heaven. So if you’re up for trying something totally new go to the store and get this;
(about two burgers)
4 big mushrooms – 4 big carrots – 2 big salad leaves – 1 red onion – 150 grams brown lentils (over night in water) – 30 gram oat – shredded cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200 celsius and put the mushrooms in (use a non-sticky baking paper). Mushrooms contain a lot (!) of water and therefor you want to bake them first so that the water comes out. Let them bake for about 20-30 minutes.
2. Chop the carrots and boil tender. Then use a hand-mixer to make a puree. Add a pinch of salt. Set aside.
3. Boil the brown lentils tender. Then boil your oat with 1 dl of water and mix together with the lentils (the oat makes it all stick together). Use a hand-mixer to make it a puree. Add smoked pepper, cumin and cilantro to get the right edgy taste. Make small panckakes and fry in olive oil in a pan.
4. Chop the red onion in rings and fry them light brown in some olive oil.
5. When the mushrooms are done they will be filled with water. Empty them and fill them with shredded cheese. Then layer the onion-rings, salad leaves, lentil-burger, carrot puree and then the mushroom on top. Voila! You just made yourself a mushroom-burger.
Enjoy your dinner guys and have a great weekend!