Yesterday I made something new and I decided to call it Tofotto; a red lentil based dish with risotto consistency mixed up with tofu, yum! Packed with proteins and a good balance with rice and broccoli. Topped with some shredded cheese. Simple, cheap and so tasteful. You need this;
2 dl red lentils – 3 big broccoli trees – 1 dl green peas – 1/2 pack fried tofu – 2 dl brown rice – some shredded cheese for topping – 1 vegetable bouillon – 2 tablespoons of Maizena (corn flour)
1. Rinse the lentils on a plate first (take out small stones and discolored ones if any). Then wash the red lentils very well in a strainer; first in warm water then in cold.
2. Boil lentils together with the vegetable bouillon until they are tender. Then add 2 tablespoons of Maizena (corn flour) to make it the right risotto consistency
3. Chop the broccoli in small pieces and add in. Add also in a pinch of salt, pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
4. After about 2 minutes (when the broccoli is still crunchy) add in the tofu, rice and green peas. I had left over tofu and rice from yesterday. Click here to see how to prepare tofu. The already spiced tofu will add a perfect taste to the Tofotto.
5. Turn off the plate and let settle for about 4 minutes. Serve in a nice bowl and add some shredded cheese on top. Bon appétit!
Have a nice day you all,