Good morning sweet folks,
I went home to Oslo last weekend and Saturday was cooking time with my mum. The best thing in the world; big kitchen, loads of vegetables, the best company (two food souls) and a bunch of utensils a student don’t have. *Heaven*. We had a bunch of vegetables, some kidney beans and rice. The result was kidney beans burgers and vegetable gratin. Mmmm, yummy! We opened the refrigerator and took what we had;
1 broccoli – 1/2 butternut squash – 3 celery sticks – 1/2 zucchini – 1/2 egg plant – 5 mushrooms – 1 tomato
Kidney bean burgers with herb butter
fresh herbs – 1 pack of kidney beans – 100 grams of butter – 1 dl chis seeds – 1/2 dl oatmeal – 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
1. Take the butter in a cup and mix up with fresh herbs (parsley & cilantro). Then roll it with baking paper to a stick like showed on the picture and put in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius
2. Chop your vegetables into edible pieces (small dices) and put them all in a oven proof dish. Spread some shredded cheese on top and add a pinch of salt and pepper on top. We also topped it with some chèvre (goat cheese), extra luxury! Put in oven for about 30-40 minutes until all the vegetables are soft and tender
Kidney bean burgers
1. Mash kidney beans with chia seeds and oatmeal. We also added 3 tablespoons of almond flour (recommended)
2. Mash the mix so fine and firm so that you can make small burgers (if too sticky add some more flour or oatmeal). To get a fine mash use a hand mixer.
3. Mix breadcrumbs & sesame seeds. We also added 2 tablespoons of hemp seeds. You are now going to roll the burgers in this mix before you fry them.
3. Take a handful of the burger mix and «wrap» in a piece of the herb butter that you left in the refrigerator. Then roll the burger in the breadcrumb-mix and put on a plate ready to be fried!
4. Fry the burgers in olive oil and curry until light brown
Take out the vegetables and serve together with the burgers. My mum had some left over rice we reheated and had on the side. Perfect.
Enjoy your baked vegetables and kidney bean burgers,