Good morning Friday,
Let’s go orange today! Carrots are one of this seasons most versatile vegetable. It can be boiled, fried, baked and made to puree, or even glazed. This time I will boil them and make soup. Carrot soup is on the menu.
Recipe (2 portions)
- 4 big carrots
- About 1 cm of a ginger
- A slice of lemon
- 1 vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons Maizena (corn flour to thicken the soup)
- Salt, pepper and cayenne pepper
- 5 dl water
1. Chop the carrots and boil them tender in salted water
2. Strain the water and use a hand mixer to mash them and then add 5 dl of water
3. Put the pot back on the stove. Shred the ginger and add in together with a vegetable stock, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Let boil on low heat for about 10 minutes.
4. Pour your soup in two nice bowls and shred some carrot on top together with some cilantro. Optional is to add in some sour cream or cottage cheese to make it more creamy
Tip; Add an egg or boiled chickpeas into your soup to get some proteins. To get some carbs serve with warm whole grain rolls.
Bon appétit folks,